“Astropsychology is an elegant archetypal language of the human condition.
It is an invaluable tool in clarifying the multi-faceted nature of the psyche.”
This is where my work with clients steps outside of the traditional boxes of psychology and coaching. I have a keen interest in models or approaches to working with people across the board. Some, over the years, I have not felt inclined to adopt, and others I have. The science of astrology is one that I continue to maintain an interest in.
Originally, I studied astrology, along with other more ‘esoteric’ approaches, in my early years and gave professional readings for people at that time. This led me, eventually, to pursue more traditional approaches while I continued to maintain my interest in astrology. Astrology, for me, is a part of the Wisdom Traditions, of which I am particularly interested in and have adopted in my work with others, along with traditional psychology. C. G. Jung suggests that:
“Astrology represents the summation of all the psychological knowledge of antiquity.”
Astrology and psychology consider different domains of human existence. Astrology reveals our life purpose in relation to the Cosmos, and our innate potentials. Psychology reveals our personal development and the use of those potentials over the course of our lifetime. Astropsychology is a powerful combination of these two systems in order to clarify the complexity of our life path and destiny. In a letter to a colleague, dated Septermber 7, 1947, Jung writes:
“Since you want to know my opinion about astrology I can tell you that I’ve been interested in this particular activity of the human mind since more than 30 years. As I am a psychologist, I am chiefly interested in the particular light the horoscope sheds on certain complications in the character. In cases of difficult psychological diagnosis I usually get a horoscope in order to have a further point of view from an entirely different angle. I must say that I very often found that the astrological data elucidated certain points which I otherwise would have been unable to understand. From such experiences I formed the opinion that astrology is of particular interest to the psychologist, since it contains a sort of psychological experience which we call ‘projected’ – this means that we find the psychological facts as it were in the constellations.”
By using the arts and science of astrology, psychology and coaching.
- We can work together to identify and better understand your potentials, and ways to activate those potentials in all aspects of your life (relationship, work, health, spirituality, etc.).
- In addition, in the reading with you, and through an interview process, I can then become more familiar with the course your life has taken, and which of those potentials have been accessed and developed, and which have not, along the way.
- Then, in the course of the reading, we will be able to address the particular concerns that you have brought to the reading. A plan for working them out can then be presented along with your participation.
- Our work together will deepen your sense of self, your purpose and development, by revealing your wounding and your path for healing. You will learn to transform difficult emotions and life challenges and thus come to a place of focus, curiosity and clarity.
- All of the above will then support choices for increased awareness and presence as you move forward in your life.
Regarding my training in astrology.
Please contact me for further information. Of course, needless to say, your insurance company will not cover these sessions.
Sessions can be one-time or on-going. Online and Phone sessions are available.